- Facial Fillers
Facial rejuvenation through the use of injectable fillers involves injecting a substance into the skin to smoothen wrinkles or deep folds such as the nose to mouth line. Facial fillers plump up the creased wrinkles and folds in the face when injected beneath the skin. Facial fillers can add fullness to the lips and cheeks, and may be used in combination with other surgeries. However, facial fillers are not sufficient when smoothing severe lines and wrinkles in the face. Severe lines and wrinkles may be more efficiently treated with surgery.
Fillers are specifically designed to add volume and contours to the face, restoring a naturally youthful appearance to areas that are hollow, wrinkled or saggy due to genetics, age, and lifestyle or weight loss. Facial fillers are the easiest way to control your looks and have a positive effect on the signs of ageing.
Dermal fillers consist of naturally-derived or synthetic material that is directly injected into the skin to plump the area. Depending on the type of filler used, the effects may last anywhere from six months to two years. For semi-permanent or permanent fillers, the effects can last for five years.
Facial fillers can be used for a variety of facial aging concerns, including:
- Adding volume and smoothing out the deep creases that run from the nose to the mouth.
- Plumping thin lips and smoothing out vertical lines around the edges of the lips.
- Augmenting cheeks to enhance their shape, often restoring youthful fullness.
- Filling out depressions under the eye area.
- Making indented scars from acne or chicken pox more even with surrounding skin.
- Increasing volume to fill out gauntness in the lower cheek or temple area, which most often occurs due to fat pads shifting beneath the surface of skin.